Translate The Content in Your Local Language

Friday 28 June 2013

Differently Abled : Saudia Arabia

I am indebted to Arab News for carrying my success story prominently a few days back and I also feel delighted to have fulfilled my parents’ dream of making me an engineer. On the day when I graduated from Alfaisal University, my joy knew no bounds as I could feel the lit-up faces of my father, mother and sister in the hall. It was very encouraging and heartwarming to receive kind words, congratulations and prayers from my well wishers.


As we all know, one’s success is never a one-man show. This is exactly the case with me. My achievements are the outcome of the concerted efforts of many people that include my family, teachers and friends. I am very blessed to have the support of so many people who had the confidence in my abilities and pushed me to excel despite the obstacles that lined my path. I would also like to thank those people who were discouraging because their attitude only acted to push me harder as friction helps drive the wheels on the road.


I received many words and notes of congratulations after my graduation and I would like to achieve more accolades to make these people proud of my achievements. I would like to tell the world that disability is not inability and the people who the world terms “disabled” are, in fact, differently abled.


When one dreams, his or her dreams should have no bounds as limiting oneself reduces the chances of achieving the maximum potential. Kites fly against the winds and a little bit of opposition should not deter an individual. Self-confidence should be high enough to turn opposition into a propelling force that will take one closer to his or her goals. — Naqi Haider Rizvi, Dammam.


Source : Arab News , 28th June 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment